Trading a pre-off steamer
These are the main steps and conditions in this example:
- Find a horse race with a specified maximum number of runners.
- At a certain time before the race take a horse priced below the given maximum.
- At 1 minute before the off check whether the back price of that horse has dropped. If there is more than one qualifying horse, take the one with the biggest price drop.
- Back on that horse.
- Then place a greening-up lay bet on that horse aiming to win at least (your set amount)% profit or (your set amount)ticks. This bet should be placed no matter what the current price is, If the bet is unmatched, leave it there to be matched eventually.
There are three triggers in the file. The first one backs on the horse that satisfies the given conditions.
The second trigger places a lay bet to green-up to the specified profit percentage.
The third trigger places a lay bet to green-up to the specified ticks
Here are the settings whose value you can adjust in this example:
- Bet amount
- Green up type - percent or ticks
- Green up percent
- Green up ticks
- Maximum number of runners
- Minutes before the off to start placing the bet
- Minimum distance in furlongs
- Maximum distance in furlongs
- Minutes to back check for the price difference
Below is an illustration of the triggers' work.
The lay bet is matched: