How to generate your own Profit/Loss graph and statistics
Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the same graph and stats.
1. Find the bank statement files you want to analyse. In MarketFeeder Pro, your statements are stored in the following folders:
Test account statements:
C:\Users\%username%\MarketFeeder Pro\profiles\%profile name%\logs\statement\test\
Real account statements:
C:\Users\%username%\MarketFeeder Pro\profiles\%profile name%\logs\statement\real\
You will see a number of files there, such as these:
I use Excel, but you can get similar results if you open it in some Open Source alternative, such as Libre Office. Attention: this file contains macros: pieces of VBA code that I programmed to automatically populate some data required to build a nice-looking chart. If you do not trust me or my code, please do not use this file and just do it all manually or hire someone to do it for you.
Note: you will have to enable macros in this spreadsheet before you proceed!
3. Put your mouse onto cell A1. Select the Data tab -> From Text:
4. Choose the statement file you want to import. Normally, to build a continuous, historically accurate graph, you will start from the earliest statement file. Press "Import".
5. Choose “Delimited” and “Start import at row 2”, then press “Next”:
6. Choose “Comma” as your delimiter, then press “Finish”:
7. Press “OK” when asked where to put the data (in cell A1):
You will immediately see that your graph and stats below it have been populated with the new data:
8. Put your mouse in the nearest empty cell in the A column to import the next statement file:
Repeat steps 4 to 7 until you have imported all the statements.
Then check the updated graph and stats.